The Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute at Virginia Commonwealth University contracts with school divisions and policy agencies to provide a wide range of policy development and administrative services, including policy audits and staff policy training.
Read weekly summaries about education-related bills during each year’s legislative session.
Our annual survey gauges public support for currents issues affecting education.
The 2013-14 Poll provides insight into public opinion on topics ranging from the impact of SOL testing, performance of colleges and universities in the commonwealth and safety in both public K-12 schools and colleges and universities.
- Struggling schools to get state help for technology improvements (April 1, 2014)
- Father claims school leaders locked son in closet nine times (March 28, 2014)
- Some concerned principal's lawsuit could set precedent (March 25, 2014)
- Hanover 5th Grader arrested for bringing weapon to school (March 21, 2014)
- Richmond School Board votes to review all-boys charter school (March 21, 2014)
- Chesterfield school board contest takes political turn (March 9, 2014)
- Former schools' chief: takeover 'a good idea' (March 5, 2014)
- Virtual Classes on Snow Days (Mar. 5, 2014)
Latest Compass Point (our weekly newsletter)