The Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute at Virginia Commonwealth University contracts with school divisions and policy agencies to provide a wide range of policy development and administrative services, including policy audits and staff policy training.
Read weekly summaries about education-related bills during each year’s legislative session.
Our annual survey gauges public support for currents issues affecting education.
The 2013-14 Poll provides insight into public opinion on topics ranging from the impact of SOL testing, performance of colleges and universities in the commonwealth and safety in both public K-12 schools and colleges and universities.
- The disturbing discovery about a Henrico teacher students found, but school leaders missed (October 30, 2014)
- 8News Investigates: Major Problems with Richmond Schools Truancy Program (October 23, 2014)
- Experts talk safety response after Manchester stabbing (October 14, 2014)
- Richmond school board investigating scope of information leak (October 8, 2014)
- Richmond School Board member leaked disciplinary files to Medicaid vendor (October 8, 2014)
- Experts Weigh In On Richmond Student Information Link (October 8, 2014)
- Cyber bully targets Henrico County middle school students (October 2, 2014)
- SOL Innovation Committee Meets in Richmond (September 30, 2014)
- Report: Fewer Virginia schools meet accreditation standards (September 16, 2014)
- Proposed Henrico school ban policy could lead to parents being 'blacklisted' (September 11, 2014)
- Henrico's Steward School hit with $475,000 lawsuit (September 3, 2014)
- Mother arrested after kids rack up over 50 school absences each (September 3, 2014)
Latest Compass Point (our weekly newsletter)