The Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute at Virginia Commonwealth University contracts with school divisions and policy agencies to provide a wide range of policy development and administrative services, including policy audits and staff policy training.
Read weekly summaries about education-related bills during each year’s legislative session.
Our annual survey gauges public support for currents issues affecting education.
The 2017 CEPI High School Graduation press release compiles data and previously released poll results relevant to the workforce readiness of graduates and other topics.
The 2017 CEPI School Budget Facts and Insights publication compiles data and graphics relevant to the budgeting process in localities across the commonwealth.
The 2016-17 Commonwealth Education Poll is a current statewide survey of adult public opinion in Virginia on a range of education policy questions. This poll is conducted annually by VCU’s Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute (CEPI), which is part of the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs.
Latest Compass Point (our weekly newsletter)
- VCU Wilder School Poll Finds High School Grads Are College Ready(Community Idea Stations - June 9, 2017)
- Students sexually abused at school face lengthy legal fights (WTOP - Education News - May 22, 2017)
- Students sexually abused by peers face struggles in court (Missouri Lawyers Weekly - May 23, 2017)
- Rissler Receives Award for Paper (VCU Wilder School News - March 31, 2017)
- Roger Chesley: Feds continue to put the heat on Norfolk officials (The Virginian-Pilot - February 10, 2017)
- A majority of Virginians say public schools are underfunded, survey shows (The Washington Post - February 8, 2017)
- A majority of Virginians say public schools are underfunded, survey shows (News Leader - February 8, 2017)
- House panel sticks with plan to require university leaders to live in Virginia (Daily Progress - February 8, 2017)
- Poll: High schools need work (Suffolk News-Herald - January 30, 2017)
- Virginians Say Colleges Prepare Graduates for Jobs (Fairfax Free Citizen - January 30, 2017)
- Poll: K-12 underfunded; Colleges more effective (News Leader - January 30, 2017)
- Virginians say colleges prepare graduates for jobs (ABC8 (WRIC) - January 29, 2017)
- Schapiro: Instead of a handout from Va., localities get the back of the hand (Richmond Times-Dispatch - January 28, 2017)
- VCU Wilder School Education Poll for Higher Education (Community Idea Stations (WCVE) - January 26, 2017)
- VCU poll: Majority say Virginia higher education institutions prepare students well for workforce (Augusta Free Press - January 26, 2017)
- Poll finds Virginians willing to pay more taxes for education (Richmond Times-Dispatch - January 26, 2017)
- Poll finds Virginians willing to pay more taxes for education (Lynchburg News & Advance - January 25, 2017)
- Majority of Virginians Polled Willing to Pay Higher Taxes to Fund Public Schools (Lesson Planet - January 25, 2017)
- Poll finds Virginians willing to pay more taxes for education (Roanoke Times - January 25, 2017)
- Wilder School Polls Look at K-12 and Higher Education (Community Idea Stations (WCVE) - January 24, 2017)
- VCU poll: Majority of Virginians support restructuring high school to focus on workforce skills (Augusta Free Press - January 24, 2017)
Latest Education Data Mapping (see all our projects here)