The Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute at Virginia Commonwealth University contracts with school divisions and policy agencies to provide a wide range of policy development and administrative services, including policy audits and staff policy training.
Read weekly summaries about education-related bills during each year’s legislative session.
Our annual survey gauges public support for currents issues affecting education.
The 2016 CEPI Back-To-School Facts and Figures publication compiles data and graphics relevant to the start of a another school year.
The 2016 Commonwealth Education Poll is a current statewide survey of adult public opinion in Virginia on a range of education policy questions. This poll is conducted annually by VCU’s Commonwealth Educational Policy Institute (CEPI), which is part of the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs.
Latest Compass Point (our weekly newsletter)
- Commonwealth Education Policy Institute Releases Schools Data (Community Idea Stations (WCVE) - August 17, 2016)
- Sens. Kaine and Warner Hold Roundtable on Higher Ed (Capital News Service - February 1, 2016)
- The state of education in Virginia according to Anne Holton, part 2 (RVA News - January 27, 2016)
- Poll Finds Most High School Students Aren’t Ready for Workplace (NPR (WCVE) - January 18, 2016)
- Poll finds support for restructuring high school for job training (The Richmond Times-Dispatch - January 18, 2016)
- Poll finds support for sex assault reporting laws (ABC 8 (WRIC) - January 18, 2016)
- Statewide poll by VCU finds support for restructuring high school for job training (The Daily Progress - January 18, 2016)
- Editorial: A bipartisan accord needed on education (The Free Lance-Star - January 15, 2016)
- Poll and Politicians Push Increased School Funding (WVTF Public Radio - January 14, 2016)
- Education poll indicates that Virginians feel schools are under-funded (RVA News - January 12, 2016)
- Poll: Most in Va. support higher taxes for schools (CBS 6 (WTVR) - January 12, 2016)
- Poll: Most in Va. support higher taxes for schools (The Free Lance-Star - January 12, 2016)
Latest Education Data Mapping (see all our projects here)